Opinion Stage

Saturday, July 6, 2013

COMPILATION OF PRAYERS FOR PRC CIVIL ENGINEERING BOARD EXAMS

COMPILATION OF PRAYERS FOR PRC CIVIL ENGINEERING BOARD EXAMS


Compiled By: Dindo Mojica, C.E., M.Eng





Prayer is an essential way on how can we communicate to GOD personally. With this, we ask GOD for the blessings, grace, and wisdom in order to overcome the pressures of preparing for the CE board exams. Also, we must pray to GOD in order to pass the CE board exams according to His will. Ika nga, humingi tayo ng grasya sa Diyos para tayo’y pagpalain. Most importantly, we must not forget to thank Him every day. Praying before actual board examinations enables us to gain an important perspective on our life. It gives us strength, wisdom and the courage in order to pass the board exams.

Just always remember: WITHOUT GOD, WE ARE NOTHING!!!

As a Christian (or other religion), let me share with you some prayers which are applicable during review and board exams. 



A REVIEWEE’S PRAYER


Our HEAVENLY FATHER together with YOUR Begotten Son, JESUS CHRIST, Our LORDand SAVIOR, I desire to place my studies under YOUR protection and guidance through the intercession of the HOLY SPIRIT.

Please my LORD, by YOUR Will be obtained from the grace to be asked in our examinations only the questions I know. Grant me this favor in the examination which I am about to make.

Please my LORD, teach me the right answers in the examination without fear and doubt. Give me a retainable mind to recall the things I have learned and reviewed previously to feel secure, enlighten me and bless my pen.

Please my LORD,which I will choose the right answer to be at my side. Guide me for I trust in YOUR Divine Power and Knowledge. Also, bless the examiners and correctors that they will be considerable on my paper so as to and my passing in the board examination given.

Please my LORD, give me more strength and wisdom. Help me to recall whatever is necessary for the board questions and please help me to avoid mental block.

Please my LORD, grant me to succeed in all my studies and examinations, for it be for the greater glory that only belongs to YOU and for the benefit of my soul.

LORD, thank you for YOUR guidance. Please inspire me to give my best for YOUR glory as I put my hope, fate, trust and fortune in YOU. AMEN.












PRAYER BEFORE THE ACTUAL BOARD EXAM




Dear HEAVENLY FATHER


Today, I will take my examination which is important to me
Though I am nervous, I am not afraid,
Because I know that as I write my answers
It is YOUR hands that work

And now as I take this examination,
Please enlighten my mind to be able to answer correctly                     
and to recall everything that I have studied
I will do my best in this examination and to you my LORD,              
I will entrust my fate
I know that whatever will be the result, it is according to YOURWill.

You have watched me, as I worked to study for this examination
Although I don’t feel very confident, and I don’t know if I’m prepared
I truly believe that you would give me what I deserve
And I deserve to pass this examination, my LORD

I am happy that today YOU are with me
For with YOU, I will win this battle
And as I close my eyes and feel YOUR presence in the examination room,
YOU put confidence in my heart
 
Through the intercession of the HOLY SPIRIT together with YOUR Begotten Son, 
JESUS CHRIST, Our Lord and Savior

AMEN.  




PRAYER BEFORE THE CE BOARD EXAM




Dear Jesus, today, I will have my examinations.
You know how important they are to me
So I am humbly asking Your gracious help and Divine assistance.


I pray to you, my dear Jesus, please never let me panic nor get nervous,
Just let me be at ease and give my very best.
Please never let me guess nor rely on pure luck,
but enlighten my mind and let me think clearly.

Please never let me resort to chances nor to dishonesty,
but let me work to the fullest of my abilities.

I pray for Your guidance that as I think,
I may find the right solutions
I may be able to correctly answer the questions,
I may solve those difficult problems.

I ask, O Lord, Your intercession, that as I write,
I may not be careless nor overconfident,
I may not be distracted but be more concentrated.
I may not be in a hurry nor take the exams too lightly.

Today, O my Jesus, I will take my examinations.
Let me, with Your help, give my best effort.
let me, because of You, receive the best and fruitful results.


Amen.


COMPILATION OF CATHOLIC PRAYERS FOR CE BOARD EXAMS


Compiled by: Dindo Mojica, C.E., M.Eng, 3°




Prayer is an essential way on how can we communicate to GOD personally. With this, we ask GOD for the blessings, grace, and wisdom in order to overcome the pressures of preparing for the CE board exams. Also, we must pray to GOD in order to pass the CE board exams according to His will. Ika nga, humingi tayo ng grasya sa Diyos para tayo’y pagpalain. Most importantly, we must not forget to thank Him every day. Praying before actual board examinations enables us to gain an important perspective on our life. It gives us strength, wisdom and the courage in order to pass the board exams.

Just always remember: WITHOUT GOD, WE ARE NOTHING!!!

As a Catholic, let me share with you some prayers which are applicable during review and board exams. Some of my classmates in review taught me some of the prayers and routines during our review.

ST. JOSEPH OF CUPERTINO

This was given to me by a review center staff as a daily devotion to St. Joseph of Cupertino. She said to me that St. Joseph of Cupertino was the saint of exams.




This powerful prayer is very effective in examinations. It has to be said before appearing in the examination. There are two variants to this prayer. Both the prayers are equally effective. You can choose any one of these:

First Prayer

O Great St. Joseph of Cupertino who while on earth did obtain from God the grace to be asked at your examination only the questions you knew, obtain for me a like favor in the board examinations for which I am now preparing. In return I promise to make you known and cause you to be invoked.

Through Christ our Lord.

St. Joseph of Cupertino, Pray for us.

Amen.

Second Prayer

O St. Joseph of Cupertino who by your prayer obtained from God to be asked at your examination, the only preposition you knew. Grant that I may like you succeed in the (civil engineering board examination).

In return I promise to make you known and cause you to be invoked.

O St. Joseph of Cupertino pray for me

O Holy Ghost enlighten me

Our Lady of Good Studies pray for me

Sacred Head of Jesus, Seat of divine wisdom, enlighten me.


You must pray it for nine days straight and say 3 Our Fathers, 3 Hail Mary’s and 3 Glory Be’s




Please remember, when you succeed in the exams then you should thank St. Joseph of Cupertino in the Newspaper (or “post” it in Facebook) so that others too may benefit and know of this powerful prayer.



ST. JUDE NOVENA

You must go to St. Jude (near Malacanang) every Thursday.




Prayer to St. Jude

"O most holy apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, people honor and invoke you universally, as the patron of hopeless cases, of things almost despaired of. Pray for me, for I am so helpless and alone. Please help to bring me visible and speedy assistance. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly (state your request) and that I may praise God with you always."

"I promise, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you by publishing this request. Amen."

"May the Sacred Heart of Jesus be Adored, Glorified, Loved & Preserved throughout the world, now & forever. Sacred Heart of Jesus, please pray for me. Saint Jude, Worker of Miracles, please pray for me. Saint Jude, Helper of the Hopeless, please pray for me. Amen."

Blessed be the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Blessed be the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Blessed be St. Jude Thaddeus, in all the world and for all Eternity.


(Say this prayer, followed by 3 Our Father, 3 Hail Mary and 3 Glory Be)






SAINT CLAIRE OF ASSISI



About St. Claire:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clare_of_Assisi





Novena to Saint Claire

Pray whether you believe or not and promise to publish or circulate.

Ask for 3 favours: 1 business and 2 impossible.

Say 9 Hail Mary's and the following prayer for 9 nights in front of a lighted candle,

God of mercy you inspired St. Claire with the love of poverty by the help of her prayers. May we follow Christ in poverty of spirit and come to the joyful vision of your glory in the kingdom of heaven. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ your son who lives and reigns with the Holy Spirit, One God forever and ever. Amen


Complete Novena:
http://graceandspace.org/welcome/moments/novena/158-novena-to-st-clare-of-assisi.html


A Powerful Novena to St. Clare of Assisi

Invocation: O most Holy Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, we praise your Holy name and the wonders of grace you worked in your servant, St. Clare. Through her powerful intercession, grant us the favors we beg in this novena, above all the grace to live and die as she did in your most holy Love. Amen.

First Day

O Seraphic St. Clare! First disciple of the Poor Man of Assisi, who has abandoned all riches and honors for a life of sacrifice and of highest poverty, obtain from God for us the grace we ask … (petition), that of always submitting to the Divine Will and of living confidently in the providence of our Heavenly Father.

Second Day

O Seraphic St. Clare who, notwithstanding living separated from the world hast not forgotten the poor and the afflicted, but hast become a mother to them, sacrificing for them your riches and working for them innumerable miracles; obtain from God for us the grace we implore… (petition), Christian charity towards our brethren in all their spiritual and temporal needs.

Third Day

O Seraphic St. Clare! Light of your country, who hast delivered Italy from barbarous invaders; obtain from God for us the grace we implore… (petition) that of overcoming all attacks of the world against faith and morals thus preserving in our families true Christian peace with a holy fear of God and a devotion to the Blessed Sacrament.

Fourth Day

Blessed St. Clare whose very name means light, illumine the darkness of our minds and hearts so that we may see what God wishes us to do and perform it with a willing and joyful heart. Before your birth, a Heavenly voice foretold that you would be a light illuminating the world. Be a light to us in the sorrows and anxieties of this earthly life, and lead us into the eternal light of our home in Heaven. Amen.

Fifth Day

Seraphic St. Clare whose virginal heart was great enough to love the whole world, take our petitions into your pure hands and present them to God. Pray for us that we may one day enter joyously before the throne of God. Let the light of your perfect purity consume the shadows of sin and corruption that darken the world. Intercede by your innocence for our youth. Safeguard the peace of our homes and the unity of our family. Plead with your chaste love for all in peril. Amen.

Sixth Day

Generous St. Clare who left wealth and pleasure and all earthly goods to become the first spiritual daughter of St. Francis and to serve God in the Cloister, help us to commit our lives to God without limit or measure so that He may live in us and shine forth from us to all whose lives touch ours. You who loved souls so much as to make your life a continual sacrifice for them, obtain for us the graces we now implore and win for us the strength to praise God in suffering as well as in joy. Amen.

Seventh Day

Faithful St. Clare, loyal daughter of the Church, friend and confidante of popes, intercede for holy Church look graciously from Heaven on our holy Father Pope… Enlighten us to remove from our souls all that hinders the progress of the Church on earth. Grant that we may share your great love for the Church of God and spread His kingdom on earth by a holy life. You who worked miracles in the presence of the pope on earth, obtain for us the graces we need, now that you stand in the presence of the most high God in Heaven. Amen.

Eighth Day

Valiant St. Clare who fearlessly stood alone against the barbarous Saracens, trusting in the Blessed Sacrament as your only protection, enkindle in us a tender love for Jesus Christ; help us to lead Eucharistic lives. You who saved your city of Assisi from plunder and ruin, protect our city and archdiocese, plead for our loved country and the suffering world. A voice from the Sacred Host rewarded your trust with the promise: “I will always take care of you.” Glorious St. Clare, from your high place in Heaven, take care o us now in our earthly needs and guide us by your light to Heaven. Amen.

Ninth Day

Gracious St. Clare who fulfilled your womanhood by a life of love in prayer and penance, help us to fulfil our destiny that we may one day greet you in Heaven. You who were consoled at your death by a vision of Christ and His mother, obtain for us the grace that we may die under the special protection of God and enter into the light and bliss you now enjoy. Have pity on us who struggle, on us who mourn, and win for us the favors of God so that after this life we may come home to Him who lives and reigns forever and ever. Amen.

V. Pray for us, St. Clare.

R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.


Prayer:

We pray You, Lord, grant us Your servants who celebrate the festival of Blessed Clare. Your virgin, by her intercession to be partakers of the joys of heaven and co-heirs with Your only begotten Son. Who being God, lives and reigns forever and ever. Amen.


Powerful Prayer to Saint Clare of Assisi

O glorious Saint Clare! God has given you the power of working miracles continually, and the favor of answering the prayers of those who invoke your assistance in misfortune, anxiety and distress; we beseech you, to obtain for us from Jesus, through Mary His Blessed Mother, what we beg of you so fervently and hopefully, if it be for the greater honor of God and for the good of or souls. Amen.


IMPRIMI Potest: Rev. Fr. Silvestre Murillo
Nihil Obstat: Ret. Rev. Mons. Jose C. Abriol
Imprimatur: Bishop + Hernando Antiporda
July 13, 1967

Monastery of St. Clare

1040 Aurora Blvd., Quezon City

NUESTRO PADRE HESUS NAZARENO 
(QUIAPO CHURCH)

You must go to Quiapo every Friday




The Hymn

Nuestro Padre Jesus Nazareno
Nuestro Padre Jesus Nazareno, (Our Father Jesus Nazarene,)
Sinasamba Ka namin (We worship Thee)
Pinipintuho Ka namin (We admire Thee)
Aral Mo ang aming buhay (For Thy teachings are our life)
at Kaligtasan. (and Salvation.)
Nuestro Padre Jesus Nazareno (Our Father Jesus Nazarene,)
Iligtas Mo kami sa Kasalanan (Deliver us from Sin)
Ang Krus Mong Kinamatayan ay (For the Cross Thou died on is)
Sagisag ng aming Kaligtasan. (The Emblem of our Salvation)

Chorus:

Nuestro Padre Jesus Nazareno, (Our Father Jesus Nazarene,)
Dinarangal Ka namin! (We honour Thee!)
Nuestro Padre Jesus Nazareno, (Our Father Jesus Nazarene,)
Nilul'walhati Ka namin! (We glorify Thee!)
Nuestro Padre Jesus Nazareno, (Our Father Jesus Nazarene,)
Dinarangal Ka namin! (We honour Thee!)
Nuestro Padre Jesus Nazareno, (Our Father Jesus Nazarene,)
Nilul'walhati Ka namin! (We glorify Thee!)

For Prayers/Novenas/Other Sources:





OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP

You must go to Baclaran (Redemptorist Church) every Wednesday



Novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Help

Dear Mother of Perpetual Help from the cross Jesus gave you to us for our Mother. You are the kindness, the most loving of all mothers. Look tenderly on us your children as we now ask you to help us in all our needs especially this one … (Please cite your petitions).

While you were on earth dear Mother you willing shared in the sufferings of your Son. Strengthened by your faith and confidence in the fatherly love of God you accepted the mysterious designs of His Will. We too have our crosses and trials. Sometimes they almost crush us to the ground. Dearest Mother shares with us your abundant faith and confidence in God. Make us aware the God never ceases to love us; that He answers all our prayers in the way that is best for us. Strengthen our hearts to carry the cross in the footsteps of your Divine Son. Help us to realize that he who shares the cross of Christ will certainly share His resurrection.

Dearest Mother, as we worry about our own problems let us not forget the needs of others. You always love others so much; help us to do the same. While praying for our own intentions and for all the intentions of all here present at this Novena we earnestly ask you, our Mother to help us comfort the sick and the dying give hope to the poor and unemployed heal the broken-hearted lighten the burden of the oppressed teach justice to their oppressors and bring back to God all those who have offended Him.

Dearest Mother, help us to avoid sin which separates us from our heavenly Father and from one another. Full of thrust in you we place ourselves under the mantle of your protection and confidently hope for your powerful help.


Amen

Other sources:





SACRED HEART OF JESUS


Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus



CONSECRATION TO THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS

 Most sweet Jesus, Redeemer of the human race, look down upon us humbly kneeling before Thy altar. We are Yours and Yours we wish to be; but to be more surely united with You, each one of us freely consecrates himself today to Your most Sacred Heart.

 Many have never known You; many, too, have rejected You. Have mercy on them all, most merciful Jesus, and draw them to your Sacred Heart.

May You be recognized as Saviour by all those who are still in darkness of disbelief. Draw them into the light and kingdom of God.

Grant, O Lord to Your Church freedom and immunity from harm; give peace and order to all nations, and make the earth resound from pole to pole with one cry; Praise to the divine Heart that wrought our salvation; to it be glory and honor forever. Amen.



NOVENA PRAYER

May the Sacred Heart of Jesus be adored, loved, in all the tabernacles until the end of time. Amen.

May the Sacred Heart of Jesus be praised and glorified now and forever. Amen.

Blessed be the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Blessed be the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, pray for us and hear our prayer. Amen.


Say this prayer followed by "Our Father" and make 81 copies and leave nine (9) copies in the church each day for nine (9) consecutive days. You will receive your intention before nine (9) days or no matter how impossible it may seem.


NOVENA OF CONFIDENCE

Lord Jesus Christ, to your most Sacred Heart I confide this intention.
(Here mention your request)

Only look upon me then do what Your Heart inspires. Let Your Sacred Heart decide...
I count on you... I throw myself on Your Mercy.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, I have asked for many favors, But I earnestly implore this one, take it, place it in Your Sacred Heart. When the Eternal Father sees it Covered with Your Precious Blood. He will not refuse it will no longer be my prayer but Yours. O Jesus, Sacred Heart of Jesus I place my trust in You. Let me never confounded. Amen.


NOVENA TO THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS

O most Holy Heart of Jesus, fountain of every blessing, I adore You. I love You. And with a likely sorrow for my sins, I offer you this poor heart of mine. Make me humble, patient, pure, and wholly obedient to Your Will. Grant me goodness that I may live in You and for You. Protect me in the midst of danger. Comfort me in my afflictions. Give me peace and health of body. Assistance in my temporal needs. Your blessing in all that I do and the grace of a holy death.

Novena prayers must be said six (6) times every day for nine (9) consecutive days leaving nine (9) copies in the church each day. Prayer will be answered on or before the ninth (9th) day.


ST. THERESE OF THE CHILD JESUS



St. Therese of Lisieux Novena



OUR LADY OF MANAOAG

One of the most effective novenas during your review and board exams



PRAYER TO OUR LADY OF MANAOAG

Virgin Mother of God, Queen of the most Holy Rosary, Thou who hast chosen to raise thy throne of mercy in Manaoag, to be the beloved protectress and patron of the Province of Pangasinan, and therefrom to bestow thy graces on us thy children, banished in this alley of tears, look down with Thine eyes of mercy upon me, who am beset with so many dangers of body and soul. Despise not my petition O dearest Mother, but intercede for me before thy divine Son now and at the hour of my death. Amen.

VIRGIN OF MANAOAG, Pray for us.
(Ask most important favor)

After asking favor, pray
Three (3) Hail Mary's and
Three (3) Glory be to the Father



Very powerful novenas during board exams: Our Lady of Manaoag, Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Black Nazarene, St. Jude, St. Joseph of Cupertino


                        SAINT THOMAS OF AQUINAS


St. Thomas Aquinas (Healer of Mental Blocks During Exams)


About Saint Thomas of Aquinas:


Prayer:

St. Thomas Aquinas, patron of students and schools, I thank God for the gifts of light and knowledge he bestowed on you, which you used to build up the Church in love. I thank God, too, for the wealth and richness of teaching you left in your writings. Not only were you a great teacher, you lived a life of virtue and you made holiness the desire of your heart. If I cannot imitate you in the brilliance of your studies, I can follow you in the humility and ity which marked your life. As St. Paul said, ity is the greatest gift, and it is open to all. Pray for me that I may grow in holiness and ity. Pray also for schools, and for all students. In particular, please obtain the favor I ask during this novena (mention your request). Amen.


St. Thomas Aquinas, pray for us.

Complete Novena:


NOVENA TO ST. THOMAS AQUINAS
Patron of Catholic Schools and Students


When barely five years old, St. Thomas Aquinas was given to the Benedictine monastery at Monte Cassino, Italy with his parents’ hopes that he would become a monk and later the abbot of the said monastery. In 1239 he was sent to Naples to complete his studies.

By 1243, Thomas abandoned his family’s plans for him and joined the Dominicans, much to his mother’s dismay. The Dominicans along with the Franciscans were the poorest of the religious orders at that time. They were beggars, mendicants who to survive had to beg for their food. That turned off his noble and rich family. On the order of his mother, Thomas was captured by his brothers and kept at home for over a year.

Once free, he went to Paris and then to Cologne, where he finished his studies with Albert the Great. He held two professorships at Paris, lived at the court of Pope Urban IV, directed the Dominican schools at Rome and Viterbo. His eloquence made him the most well-known preacher of his time.

The Summa Theologiae, his last and, unfortunately, uncompleted work, deals with the whole of Catholic theology. He stopped work on it after celebrating Mass on December 6, 1273. When asked why he stopped writing, he replied, “I cannot go on… All that I have written seems to me like so much straw compared to what I have seen and what has been revealed to me.” He died March 7, 1274.


DAILY PRAYER

St. Thomas Aquinas, patron of students and schools, I thank God for the gifts of light and knowledge he bestowed on you, which you used to build up the Church in love. I thank God, too, for the wealth and richness of teaching you left in your writings. Not only were you a great teacher, you lived a life of virtue and you made holiness the desire of your heart. If I cannot imitate you in the brilliance of your studies, I can follow you in the humility and charity which marked your life. As St. Paul said, charity is the greatest gift, and it is open to all. Pray for me that I may grow in holiness and charity. Pray also for schools, and for all students. In particular, please obtain the favor I ask during this novena (mention your request). Amen.



FIRST DAY
St. Thomas, called by God

St. Thomas, as a young man you became convinced that God was calling you to religious life. Although your family was opposed to it, you were determined to follow God's call. Even when your brothers kidnapped you and forced you to remain a prisoner in your own house, you did not give up but waited patiently for God's hour. St. Thomas, pray for all young people who are considering their vocation in life. Help them to be open to the call of God. Inspire them to make choices motivated by love for God and an unselfish love for other people. Whatever their state in life, help them to see their chosen path as a call to service. May all married couples, single persons, priests, and religious build up the Church through lives of unselfish devotion and love. Amen.

Daily Prayer
St. Thomas Aquinas, pray for us.


SECOND DAY
St. Thomas, lover of purity

St. Thomas, you had a great esteem for the virtue of purity. When your family tried to deter you from entering the Dominicans by sending a woman to lead you into sin, you resisted the temptation and determined to consecrate your chastity to God forever.

Today we are immersed in a culture that degrades the gift of human sexuality. Human persons are viewed as objects of pleasure and their human dignity is devalued. Children suffer abuse and families are damaged by infidelity.

Pray that our society may once again value the virtue of chastity. Pray that those in the media will work to promote a Christian view of marriage and family life. Amen.

Daily Prayer
St. Thomas Aquinas, pray for us.


THIRD DAY
St. Thomas, example of humility

St. Thomas, when you were a young student some of your classmen called you the "dumb ox." Although you were more intelligent than all of them, you bore their insults patiently without retaliating. You were endowed with a keen mind but recognized that God is the source of all gifts. You humbly acknowledged your dependence on God, and begged him to enlighten you so that you would act only for his glory.

St. Thomas, pray for me that I, too, may learn to act out of humility and never from the empty desire for esteem in the sight of others. Help me to seek only God's glory and to act with a right intention. Let me run after knowledge and not only for grades. May I seek to humble myself now, so that in heaven I will shine like the stars for all eternity. Amen.

Daily Prayer
St. Thomas Aquinas, pray for us.


FOURTH DAY
St. Thomas, devoted to truth

St. Thomas, you devoted your life to seeking the truth and explaining it to others. You dedicated your mind to God, and used it to probe the Word of God more deeply. Your gifts as a theologian and philosopher make you stand out as one of the greatest doctors of the Church. In your discussions, you made truth your primary aim, while treating respectfully anyone who differed with you.

Obtain for me, too, a great love of truth. Help me to ponder God's word so as to draw from it the light I need to nourish myself spiritually. Keep me firmly rooted in the truth, and never let me be swayed by false teachings. I pray also for those who are lost in darkness; please bring them into the light of truth. Amen.

Daily Prayer
St. Thomas Aquinas, pray for us.


FIFTH DAY
St. Thomas, afire with love for the Blessed Sacrament

St. Thomas, you had a great love for Jesus in the Holy Eucharist and spent many hours Novena to St. Thomas Aquinas in adoration before the Blessed Sacrament. You once said that you learned more from prayer before the tabernacle than from many hours of study.

Pray that I, too, may be inflamed with an ardent love for the Holy Eucharist. Help me to always esteem and reverence this wonderful sacrament. Pray for me that I may always participate devoutly in Mass, receive Holy Communion with great fervor, and often visit Jesus in the tabernacle. Through contact with the Eucharistic Lord, may my heart overflow with love for God and for my neighbor. Amen.

Daily Prayer
St. Thomas Aquinas, pray for us.


SIXTH DAY
St. Thomas, filled with charity

St. Thomas, you were noted during your life for the charity you showed to others. During debates at the university, you did not ridicule those who argued with you but treated them with respect and love. You showed consideration for the needs of other people.

Help me also to be more deeply rooted in love of God and neighbor, keeping in mind Jesus’ words, “This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another” (Jn 13:35). Help me to practice this same charity in a concrete way that does not stop at words, but is shown with sacrifice. May it begin first of all in my family, and then radiate to everyone
I meet. Amen.

Daily Prayer
St. Thomas Aquinas, pray for us.



SEVENTH DAY
St. Thomas, defender of the church

St. Thomas, from your youth you learned to love the Church, your spiritual home. In your teaching, you sought to explain and defend the doctrine of the Church, making it known through your writings.

Intercede for the Church today, that it may grow stronger and more spiritually fruitful in the world. Raise up holy priests, religious, and laity, that they may all be the salt of the earth and the light of the world. Bless the Pope in his efforts to guide the Church, witnessing to the power of the Gospel to renew the face of the earth. May learned men in the Church work to explore the richness of Catholic teaching so as to show forth its truth and benefit the faithful. Pray for missionaries as they work to spread the Gospel.
May the whole Church be renewed by the power of the Spirit to more effectively witness to Christ in the world today. Amen.

Daily Prayer
St. Thomas Aquinas, pray for us.


EIGHTH DAY
St. Thomas, teacher of prayer

St. Thomas, you knew that prayer is the source of wisdom and you spent long hours in conversation with God. Prayer became your very life. Whenever you pondered over a problem in theology, you turned to prayer to seek God's enlightenment. Now in heaven you see God face to face. Pray for me, too, that I may become a person of profound prayer. Obtain for me the grace that I may always pray with humility, confidence, and perseverance. Help me to grow more and more in the spirit of prayer, so that my whole life may become a prayer. May I always seek the face of the living God. Amen.

Daily Prayer
St. Thomas Aquinas, pray for us.


NINTH DAY
St. Thomas, patron of students

St. Thomas, God called you to spend most of your life in academic pursuits, first as a student, and then as a professor of theology. In your work as a teacher, you desired to help your students apply what they learned in their lives, in order to grow in holiness. You realized that knowledge is meant to draw people closer to God. In your teaching you sought to communicate the truth, desiring to help your students become better Christians.

Pray for all students. Pray for those who may have difficulty in their studies, as well as for those who can study with ease. Pray that they may all be open to the truth, and always seek to better understand it. May they grow in knowledge so as to know God better and to be able to serve their brothers and sisters as the Lord desires. Amen.

Daily Prayer

St. Thomas Aquinas, pray for us.


(SANTO NINO) HOLY CHILD JESUS
                     


NOVENA TO THE SANTO NINO (HOLY CHILD JESUS)

Sto. Nino de Cebu


FIRST DAY

O admirable Jesus! I know that your beauty attracts the hearts of people who have the privilege to see you. For this reason, I adore you with fervent devotion, and sing in your honor the Divine Praises with the choir of Angels. And I ask you to inflame my heart in order to love you with unchangeable and burning love and thus I may be worthy of the glory of heaven. Amen.

Concluding Prayer

O Infant Jesus, who come down from the bosom of the Father for our salvation, teach us how to be kind to our fellowmen. If we love each other, we shall be giving a sure proof that we belong to you. You said: “By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” O Divine Infant Jesus, in your infinite goodness and kindness, listen to my humble petition; and if it be pleasing to you, grant my intention/s in this novena (mention them here). Help me, sweet infant Jesus, for without You I can do nothing. Amen.

Gentle Infant Jesus, I trust You!
Mother of Mercy, pray for us.


SECOND DAY

O sweet infant Jesus, your first house on earth was a cave, and your first companions were the animals. You did not mind enduring the cold and humidity of that cave and enjoyed the company of sheep, cattle and goats. You who created the heavens and the earth share the joys of the shepherds. O Divine Infant Jesus, in your simplicity, listen to my humble petition/s (mention them here). Help me, Infant Jesus, for without You, I can do nothing. Amen.

Concluding Prayer

O sweet Infant Jesus, teach me the virtue of true humility. As you increased in wisdom and grace during your life in Nazareth, grant me an increase of blessings. Hear my prayer, most loving Jesus; and, if it be pleasing to you, and beneficial to me, grant my petitions in this novena (mention them here). Help me always to remember that the humble shall be exalted, and the proud shall be turned away empty. Grant me the grace in obtaining the rest to my soul which you have promised to all those who listen to your loving invitation. Amen.

O Blessed Virgin Mary, Our Immaculate Mother, pray for us!
Holy Infant Jesus, have mercy on me!

THIRD DAY

O sweet Infant Jesus! I know that because of your love for humanity, you do not deny help to everyone approaching you. You listen attentively to us because you know our needs and problems, even before saying them to you. I ask you to help me become a better follower. Make me stubborn in resisting temptation and evil so that I may grow in holiness and mature in your love. Amen.

Concluding Prayer

Eternal Father, I offer to you honor and glory, for my eternal salvation and for the salvation of the world, the mystery of the infancy of your only-begotten Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. We thank you for your infinite love in sending him into this world as our Savior and Redeemer. And you, O Holy Infant Jesus, conceived in the womb of the Blessed Virgin Mary, through the work of the Holy Spirit, teach me to love you more and more. If it be for my greater honor and glory and the salvation of my soul, I humbly implore you to grant my earnest petition/s in this novena (mention them here). Sweet Infant Jesus, I place my confidence in you. Amen.

O Blessed Virgin Mary, Our Immaculate Mother, pray for us!
Holy Infant Jesus, have mercy on me!


FOURTH DAY

O miraculous Jesus! I know that your light drives away the darkness of ignorance, and illuminates human heart and spirit. For this reason, I adore you with fervent devotion and sing in your honor the Divine Praises. I ask you to illumine always my mind and my actions with your light in order that I may not stray far from the straight path, and thus I may be worthy of the glory of Heaven. Amen.

Concluding Prayer

O Divine Infant Jesus, you obeyed perfectly your Heavenly Father in all things. Teach me how to obey all your commandments. You were pleased to be born in a cave to free me from the darkness of sin; now graciously draw me unto you, and lend an attentive ear to my fervent supplication. If it be for your greater glory and the salvation of my soul, I humbly pray that you may grant the petition/s in this novena (mention them here). O Holy Infant, I adore you as my Creator and Redeemer, I acknowledge you as my King and Lord. Set me on fire with your love, and accept the tribute of all the affections of my poor heart. Help me to live a life worthy of your Divine Promises. Amen.


O Blessed Virgin Mary, Our Immaculate Mother, pray for us!
Holy Infant Jesus, have mercy on me!


FIFTH DAY

O powerful Jesus I know that your grandeur sparkles with miracles which you demonstrated while on earth. For this reason, I adore you with fervent devotion, and sing in your honor the Divine Praises with the choirs of angels in heaven. And I ask you to grant me virtues like cleanliness, goodness, and piousness which may constitute my shield against temptations, and thus I may be worthy of the glory of Heaven. Amen.


Concluding Prayer

O Sweet Infant Jesus, you who came upon earth to teach us the way to heaven, enkindle in my heart the love of mortification, self-denial, and penance. Help me make sacrifices to gain and retain your grace. Make my soul become an altar on which I may offer you the sacrifice of my acts of mortifications. Listen, Divine Infant Jesus to my trustful supplication. If it be pleasing to you and beneficial to my soul, grant me the intention/s in this novena (mention them here). Teach me how to fulfill your will here on earth, that one day I may come to enjoy your infinite loveliness in heaven. Amen.

Sweet infant Jesus, have mercy on us.
Mary, Queen of Martyrs, pray for us.


SIXTH DAY

O most Holy Jesus! I know that your omnipotence prevails over the hearts of men and women, inasmuch as it is created by love and greatness. For this reason, I adore you with fervent devotion, and sing in your honor the Divine Praises with the choirs of angels. And I ask you to grant my desire to comply always with your commandments, and thus I may be worthy of the glory of Heaven. Amen.


Concluding Prayer

O Holy Infant Jesus, I thank you for all the sufferings which you endured in this mortal life for me. At your birth, a humble manger was your cradle. Your entire life was spent among the poor, and it was for them that your greatest miracles were performed. O Prince of Peace, Redeemer of mankind, the very Son of God, I recommend my earnest petition/s to you in this novena (mention them here). Teach me to be poor in spirit that I may receive the blessed reward which you have promised. Enlighten my mind, strengthen my will, and inflame my heart with love for you. Amen.

Mother of God, pray for me!
O Holy Infant Jesus, have mercy on me!


SEVENTH DAY

O sweet Jesus! I know that your humility made it possible for you as the Son of God to be seated at the right hand of the Father. For this reason, I adore you with fervent devotion, and sing in your honor the Divine Praises. And I ask you to allow your greatness to reside in my heart and soul, and thus I may be worthy of the glory of Heaven. Amen.

Concluding Prayer

O Sweet Infant Jesus, you emptied your heart for love of me, give me a new heart with which to love you. Make known to my spirit the excellence and power of your Holy Name, so that in all the trials of this life I may pronounce it with confidence and with love. Be pleased to lend an attentive ear to my suppliant prayer; and, if it be for your glory and the good of my soul, grant me the petition/s in this novena (mention them here).

Now, as I leave you, gentle child Jesus, help me to remember that you are our All. O affectionate Jesus! I know that your love for humankind is without comparison, and this is proven by your help and protection to those who have faith in you. For this reason, I adore you with fervent devotion, and sing in your honor the Divine Praises with the chorus of the Seraphims that ardently love God. And I ask you that my love for you should not diminish so that I may never forget God, and thus I may be worthy of the glory of Heaven. Amen.

Mother of God, pray for me!
O Holy Infant Jesus, have mercy on me!


EIGHTH DAY

O sweet Jesus, you know how firmly I believe in your words. You promised us eternal life, and I am obsessed to reach heaven which you give to all your faithful followers. Let me always think of heaven as my final home and let me not lose my way due to sin. Thank you for the graces you have given me throughout this novena, and may your words enlighten my mind and heart as I continue to walk as a pilgrim towards your kingdom. Amen.


Concluding Prayer

O sweet Infant Jesus, keep me faithful to you in every circumstance of my life, and keep me from all the occasions of sin. Knowing that you are faithful to all your promises, I am certain of receiving your priceless blessings every time I honor you. Inspire me to ask for only those graces which are in keeping with your Divine Will. As I confidently present my earnest petition/s, open the door of your merciful heart while I knock with faith and confidence (mention them here). Remember sweet Infant Jesus that you have promised to give whatever we ask in your Name. Now, relying upon your infinite goodness and promises I hope to obtain the pardon of my sins, the help of your grace, and life everlasting through your Divine Merits, as my Lord and Redeemer. Amen.

Mother of God, pray for me!
O Holy Infant Jesus, have mercy on me!


NINTH DAY

O wise Jesus! I know that your wisdom was already admired, when as a child, you were lost and then found sitting among and discussing with the wise men in the Temple. For this reason, I adore you with fervent devotion, and sing in your honor the Divine Praises with the choirs of the Cherubs. And I ask you to grant me wisdom that I may not be deceived by the tricks of the devil, and thus I may be worthy of the glory of Heaven. Amen.

Concluding Prayer

O Holy Infant Jesus, you who reveal yourself to little ones, show me your mercy and compassion. While venerating this sacred mystery of your mortal life, grant that I may learn to exercise this noble virtue of mercy toward my fellow beings for the love of you. Look mercifully upon me as I kneel before you and implore your powerful assistance. If it be for your greater glory and the good of my soul, I humbly entreat you to grant my petition/s in this novena (mention them here). Teach me to be merciful for you have said: “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.” Amen.


Mother of God, pray for me!

O Holy Infant Jesus, have mercy on me!

Complete Novena:

http://graceandspace.org/welcome/moments/novena/167-novena-to-the-sto-nino.html


Prayer to the Child Jesus of Prague



Prayer for a Student
to be recited during the school year

O Child Jesus, eternal Wisdom made flesh, who shed Your blessings so generously on all, and most especially on schoolchildren and students who trust in You, please look kindly on me as I implore You to guide and assist me in my studies.

You, O God made Man, Lord of all learning, source of all understanding and memory, come and help me in my weakness. Enlighten my mind, give me a readily ability to acquire knowledge and truth and the capacity to remember all I learn. Be my light, strength and comfort in moments of special difficulty.

By the grace of Your divine Heart may I do all my school tasks to the best of my ability and gain the utmost profit from them, so that I may get good marks and, most important of all, be moved up next year. To merit such favors, for my part, I promise to perform faithfully all my duties as a Christian and to love You more and more. O Sweet Child Jesus, keep me always under Your protecting mantle and be my guide, not only on the path of learning, but above all on the path to eternal salvation. Amen. So be it!


SAINT ANTHONY OF PADUA

PRAYER TO SAINT ANTHONY OF PADUA



PRAYER BEFORE EXAMS

Dear Saint Anthony of Padua, today I will have my examinations. You know how important they are to me. So I am humbly asking your gracious help and divine assistance. I pray to you, my dear St. Anthony of Padua, please never let me panic nor get nervous, just let me be at ease and give my very best. Please never let me guess nor rely on pure luck, but enlighten my mind and let me think clearly. Please never let me resort to chance nor to dishonesty, but let me work to the fullest of my ability.

I pray for your guidance that as I think, I may find the right solutions, I may be able to correctly answer the questions, I may solve those difficult problems. I ask, O St. Anthony of Padua, your intercession, that as I write I may not be careless nor overconfident, I may not be distracted but be more concentrated. I may not be in a hurry nor take the exams too lightly. Today, O St. Anthony of Padua, I will take my examinations. Let me, with your help, give my best effort. Let me, because of you, receive the best and fruitful results. Amen.

IMPORTANCE OF PRAYER:

The Difference Poem



I got up early one morning and rushed right into the day;
I had so much to accomplish, I didn't have time to pray.

Problems just tumbled about me and grew heavier with each task;
Why doesn't God help me, I wondered; He answered, "You didn't ask."

I wanted to see joy and beauty, but the day toiled on, gray and bleak;
I wondered why God didn't show me - He said, "But you didn't seek."

I tried to come into God's presence; I used all my keys at the lock;
God gently and lovingly chided, "My child, you didn't knock."

I woke up early this morning and paused before entering the day;
I had so much to accomplish that I had to take time to pray.


 BIBLICAL SCRIPTURES:


A good scripture to meditate on or before going into the exam room is Psalm 121. 
It speaks up of God's everlasting love and protection:

Psalm 121

 1-2 I look up to the mountains; does my strength come from mountains?
   No, my strength comes from God,
      who made heaven, and earth, and mountains.

 3-4 He won't let you stumble,
      your Guardian God won't fall asleep.
   Not on your life! Israel's
      Guardian will never doze or sleep.

 5-6 God's your Guardian,
      right at your side to protect you-
   Shielding you from sunstroke,
      sheltering you from moonstroke.

 7-8 God guards you from every evil,
      he guards your very life.
   He guards you when you leave and when you return,
      he guards you now, he guards you always.


No comments:

Post a Comment