Opinion Stage

Saturday, July 6, 2013



By: Dindo Mojica, C.E., M.Eng, 3°

At last you’re now a civil engineer. After more than 4-6 months (or even more than that) of hardwork, dedication and patience during your review, you have passed the CE Board Examinations. You had exceeded the challenge.

After you pass the CE Board Examinations as conducted by the Professional Regulations Commission (PRC), it’s time for you to apply for your PRC Civil Engineer ID/license card together with your Certificate of Registration as proof/evidence of being a licensed professional.

I’m going to share to you the steps on how a newly-passed Civil Engineer can have an initial registration at the Professional Regulations Commission (PRC).

Professional Regulations Commission - Manila

Take Note: Successful examinees should personally register and sign in the Roster of Registered Professionals.

(Data as of May 2013 when I renew my PRC license)

Requirements to bring/to be accomplished:

  1. duly accomplished Oath Form or Panunumpa ng Propesyonal
  2. current Community Tax Certificate (cedula)
  3. 1 piece passport size picture (colored with white background and complete name tag)
  4. 2 sets of metered documentary stamps
  5. 1 short brown envelope with name and profession

1.   New civil engineers who passed the board examination must read the news and guidelines (as prescribed by PRC in the internet or newspaper) for the schedule of registration for the issuance of Professional Identification Card (ID) and Certificate of Registration. (For example, for those who passed the May 2013 CE Board exam are required to register on May 20, 2013 but not later than May 22, 2013.)

 2.   New civil engineers may get their PRC Registration Form No. 001 (PRC Oath Form) at Public Assistance Unit.

Sample Panunumpa ng Propesyonal Form

prc form by Dorie Maquinta-ortiz

3.  After filling out/accomplishing the oath form, they may fall in line for the metered documentary stamp of their oath forms (outside PRC Building)

4.   New civil engineers must take oath before a notary public or any authorized person to administer oath. Then the notary public will sign the oath form at PRC Legal Division/PRC Attorney (located at PRC Main Building – Ground Floor)

5.  New civil engineers must proceed to Registration Division and submit to the Registration Officer their notarized and metered oath form at designated counters

6.    After the registration officer verifies the new engineer form the master list and assess it for payment, applicant must proceed to the Cashier Section and pay the prescribed fees (Initial Registration Fee of P600 and Annual Registration Fee of P450 for 2013-2016).

7.   New civil engineers must go back to the Registration Division and submits the notarized and metered oath form. Then the registration officer will issue you a claim slip on when you will claim your new PRC ID. (Note: you may also claim your PRC ID after 15 working days or the scheduled oath-taking)

8.   New civil engineers may also register as new regular members of the Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers, Inc. (PICE). You will see a mini-booth/kiosk (sometimes in PRC or during your oath-taking) wherein there are PICE personnel that can assist you in registration/membership matters. You may download their registration form at this link: PICE Registration Form

9.  After 15 working days, the applicant must go back to PRC Registration Division at Window 13, 23 or 32 to claim your new PRC ID/license card. Or the other option is to wait for your scheduled oath-taking wherein your new PRC ID will be released after your oath-taking.
My recent PRC ID card (renewed)

10.  After 3 months, you may also claim your Certificate of Registration at Registration Division on Windows 17, 19, or 31. After claiming your Certificate of Registration, you must proceed to Customer Service for affixing metered documentary stamps on your Certificate of Registration.

My CE Board Certificate (almost a decade ago)

Source: PRC Flow Chart of Initial Registration of Various Professions

For more information, you may visit the Professional Regulations Commission website for initial registration procedures for professionals:

Initial Registration - Professional Regulations Commission

You have now your new PRC ID and new PRC CE Certificate of Registration as proof of becoming a new Civil Engineer.

Good Luck and Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment