This is an excerpt of Engineer Paulo Jessie Morales’ (October 2011 ECE Board Exam Top 1) speech in their oath taking last November 2011.
After receiving the license, what do we do? Being a UP graduate, one answer is very clear to me: serve the country. Not U.S., not Singapore, not Australia, not Canada, not even ourselves, but our country - the Philippines. Having this license means that the Philippines recognizes our knowledge and ability to practice our profession. So pinili tayo ng Pilipinas.We are given, if I may say so, the power to do more compared to everyone else. And sabi nga nila, sikat na sikat, “With great power comes great responsibility”. We have this responsibility of raising the level of technology and engineering here in the Philippines. Please, do not be a burden by using the profession just to get a job and just to earn money. Secondary goal na lang natin yun. Let us stop being selfish. Lagi nating isipin kung ano yung pwede nating ma-contribute hindi yung kung ano yung pwede nating makuha. Kung individual o personal achievement lang ang habol natin, we do not deserve this license. Hindi ba mas maganda kung buong Pilipinas umangat? I know that we can do it.Please don’t give up on the Philippines. During the review, we shared the goal of passing the exam. Now, let’s all share the goal of making the Philippines the Silicon Valley of South East Asia.
Lastly, I would like to end by reminding everyone that we have this license because we are recognized as best of the best. So be proud. We are the best at what we do. Have confidence. Next step na satin yung paghahanap ng trabaho. Don’t settle for anything less than your dream job.Kung yung pinakamahirap na licensure exam napasa natin, pano pa kaya yung mga screening exams and interviews? Kayang kaya natin yun. Just do what you like, you know you have the edge. Stick to what you’re good at and excel on it. Everything else will follow. Good luck to all of us. Congratulations once again and good day.
I am sharing this because I love my country. I love the Philippines! This goes for all those who have graduated and are still studying especially to my fellow Iskolar ng Bayan, please keep this in mind and take this to heart. The government paid for our education, it is our duty to give back and serve the country.
Kung lahat ng tao ganito mag-isip, uunlad ang Pilipinas.
1st Place - CE Board May 2015 Board Exam at PICC last May 23, 2015.
(Video Source: MegaReview)
The blogger does not endorse any review center (if mentioned in the speech) for the sake of fairness. The main objective is to inspire future CE board examinees on how CE board topnotchers inspire and make it to the top.
New studies from doctors have shown how important sleep is to us.
The most important benefit of sleep is it removes toxins from our brains while we are asleep. What are the toxins in our brains? Those are proteins that need to be flushed away and this happens during sleep. The cause of Alzheimer’s disease is proteins in our brain -- so proper sleep can prevent Alzheimer’s. Other benefits are:
1) Improve memory. If you are a student studying for a test, do not stay up all night and sacrifice sleep for cramming. When you sleep, all the things you studied are better processed in your brain making you remember them during tests.
2) Curb inflammation. Inflammation is what causes a lot of diseases like stroke, diabetes. Sleeping lowers inflammation in the body.
3) Improve performance of athletes. Sleep helps enhance performance of athletes.
4) Improve grades. Kids are affected by lack of sleep by showing ADHD symptoms (attention deficit disorder). Especially now that kids have so many digital gadgets to distract them like TV, smartphones, games, etc. It is very important for school-age kids to get 8 hours minimum of sleep.
When you sleep, it’s the only time you grow also. So if you want your kids to be tall, make sure they get enough sleep.
5) Sleep can aid in weight loss. Lack of sleep can make us gain weight actually.
6) Sleep helps in lowering stress. If you are at work, take a short power nap to de-stress and relax you. You’ll wake up more fresh and more alert.
7) Avoid acccidents. Lack of sleep can cause accidents in the work place. If you operate any kind of machinery, make sure you have enough sleep and you’re not sleepy at work.
8) Avoid depression. Proper sleep can help you avoid being depressed. If you’re an insomniac, try to drink melatonin before going to sleep. Melatonin has a lot of anti-oxidant benefits to our health, not just helping us get a good night’s sleep.